Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Just a few thoughts on a loaner I have today and most likely tomorrow. FYI: this is not a critique in my dealership or anything like that just a reflective look at the insane and absurd pricing bmw has on a basic ass 3 series that lacks everything I've learned to love about bimmers over my 17 combined years of ownership.

Some of my past cars: e36m, e46m, e92 pre-lci 335, e90 lci 335, f25 x3, e92 LCi msport 335, e92 M3, current f48 X1 and f30 335 msport. Decent history with bmw, a few Infiniti's and and an Audi S4 sprinkled in there too!

Loaner car is a 2018 330xdrive non m-sport (which looks terrible) plus the shitty NAV! I was utterly shocked to shit when I saw the sticker in the trunk! Lol how the hell is this car $47,695? I can't understand how somebody would actually shell that out when there are literally tons of "better" cars that can be had in that price range for far less. Everything in the car screams cheap and mundane. It's crazy.

It is worth mentioning my f30 is an msport with EDC, MPPK, MPE, brembos and a bunch of mperf parts so I am spoiled and lucky to have my car spec'd out as it is, but holy shit 50k for this basic ass 330 with very few options is completely insane. The loaner feels like a Toyota Corolla, hell the new Camry is spec'd better and is more comfortable than this car! Steering, road feel, fun to drive? Lol. Hell no. That is long gone for BMW, this is truly a sad day for me!

Then to top it all off my Sales guy and SA we're talking about how bmw will eliminate all manual trannny productions within 3 years! Lol. Damn it actually does get worse.

That is all
My dealer told me manuals will be gone within two years. There is so little demand for them now particularly because e-shifting is so much faster and fuel efficient. Porsche sells less than 6% of their 911 series with manual transmissions.
Appreciate 1