View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 12:46 AM   #96
s2kvee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3

I just did a similar installation today, however it was M3 seats on to my F30. Specs were the same. so it was almost a direct plug and play...

everything worked until i noticed the driver seat height adjustment didn't do anything but make noise. turns out the motor mount was broken and i had to swap it over. but after plugging in everything and testings its functions. The seats all function fine, only to realized I lost my climate control, seat heater button, my TPM went off, car started idling weird (like misfiring) and got a bunch of malfunction code like chassis stability, SRS Airbag.

The m3 set of seats came from a wrecked car, the seat belt buckle did deploy but airbags did not (luckily). I swapped over my seat belt receiver and plugged it all up. Took me about 10 minutes to figure out why all the malfunctions, i looked on some forums and alot of people say you have to swap over everything including srs airbags which is incorrect. I ONLY SWAPPED OVER THE DRIVER SEAT CONTROL MODULE BOX (LARGE GREY/BLACK RECTANGULAR BOX) and everything went back to normal. NO SRS codes, no malfunctions no weird idles, and Climate control came back as well. I didnt even bother to disconnect the battery swapping over the box. It automatically cleared the fault codes.

So far i love the seats, Looks awesome and feels softer than my original dakota leather. Sadly i only installed 75% of them, i left the rear seat backs original because my passengers need that cup holder.. lol