View Single Post
      09-14-2019, 03:36 AM   #7
luke1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
The sports gauges are only showing what the relevant ECUs understand from the data being processed. It may also be the case that the engine ECU data is being modified (spoofed) in the remap so as not to cause the TCU to manage torque (torque limitations).

You may also be experiencing one of the downsides of remote remapping - not being able to tweak the 'map in real-time, not being able to dyno the car before and after, and not being able to data log and plot the results. Just because a remap file 'should' achieve XYZ results, doesn't mean that these results will be achieved by your car.

I relate to your frustration. The modding experience can be a long one. My 'map has been fine, but my suspension journey has been infuriating and expensive.
I hope that the spoofing is not being done since its somebody like Evolve - which seem to be quite a reputable tuner.

The second point you make I fully understand, but also find quite interesting. What are some of the things that could make a tune do 11.8 100-200kph on one car and 14.5 on another? Or even a smaller discrepancies?

And back to the topic at hand - is there anything physically with the car that could hold the power back even with a good tune? E.g. / or aside from my idea of full/stuck DPF?
Appreciate 0