Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1990 View Post
Thanks! Going 1-by-1:
Boost-leak -> likely not so, since I do get sufficient 0-100 times. And I don't hear any "boost-leaky" sounds
Low boost -> I think similar would apply - I would already see issues at 0-100
Stuck, or poorly programmed EGR -> could you elaborate? Don't understand it
DPF clog -> will try to clean
Dirty air filter -> would having a look at it identify a possible problem? Saw a tutorial how to change it, so I thing I could get to it
IC heat soak -> I have aftermarket ATM FMIC - it previously helped to push down 100-200 times vs stock by 0.5s so I don't think it could be the case

Also maybe an important point -> if I look at the sports displays it shows 250-270kW which is 340-368hp (not BHP). If I got a tune for 375-390hp - and I got any of the above issues, wouldn't the sports displays still show me 375-390hp? To my understanding, sports displays show the engine output - i.e. the power it is trying to make based on its setting. If thats the case, it would indicate the tune is not putting the power it should.

Or would it be the case that e.g. clogged DPF would make the engine show 350hp even though the tune tells it to make 375hp?
I do expect some of my suggestions to be easy to rule out - they'd most likely affect the car's performance across the range. But, sometimes it's best to eliminate as many things as possible.

Good to hear that there aren't any boost leaks (that you can hear).

Logging the boost pressures would be useful.

EGR - worth checking with the tuner to ensure that the EGR programming is correct i.e. at low/med/high revs and loads. I have my EGR programmed as fully closed 100% of the time.

DPF - a good quality fuel additive DPF/EGR cleaner may help. You could also use Carly to get a reading of the level of soot and ash in the DPF, and force a regen if the levels are high. If you do a lot of short journeys, and don't frequently take the car on a long run, DPF clogging can be an issue.

If the air filter is dirty you'd tend to notice a power restriction in the higher rev range. Changing the filter is very simple - literally a 2 minute job.

Given your good experience with the ATM IC it's unlikely to be causing a problem. Still worth doing some data logging to see whether it's causing a pressure differential.

At this stage my gut instinct is that the issues relate to the remap not being optimised, especially as it's been applied as a remote flash.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
luke1990132.50