View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 03:15 AM   #64
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Who Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacky View Post
Think I may try the home plug route. I was thinking about buying the bt mini whole home WiFi but I could spend a little more and get a set of home plugs with WiFi built in.

I've just ordered the case that's linked above but unsure if the fan inside gives out any flashy lights. What have you guys done inside your computer to give off the 'gaming' look with lights etc
Like said above avoid flashy RGB fans as the fun factor would die off quickly and they are expensive(ish). You can easily get single coloured LED fans which give a clean look, or simply some LED strips which can plug into the fan headers on the board. Be aware that you will need to make sure you have sufficient headers to use the fans.

I am a fan of a clean white but these also come in red and blue.

Or you could go with some LED strips which plug into the PSU's 4 pin peripheral connectors.

Check the fan mounting points on the case to make sure you buy the correct size. Most cases have 120mm/140mm mounting points on the front and top. The one you've ordered has some RGB lighting on the front of the case which can be enough, but if you want something inside 120mm fans would be fine as all of it's mounting points support them (or 140mm). You would want fans which promote airflow really, which is why I linked the corsair AF series. Have a look on the internet for some fan mounting guides to make sure you have a good intake/outtake setup (not that the temps will get high enough to really trouble it).
Appreciate 0