View Single Post
      11-30-2019, 05:21 AM   #21
luke1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
Its basically the same as doing a N54 carbon clean and there are lots of DIY's for that. You can hire the walnut blaster to do it if your good at DIY. Basically you just remove the intake manifold which is easy. Cleaning the valves is easy as well but hard to keep the blastings from going everywhere and you need to make bloody sure you remember to crank the engine over to close the valves. Can do it in a day with correct tools. Garage will charge about 400-500 quid. You can buy intakes that are cleared up like new for 250 on ebay. Cleaning them is pretty easy as long as you soak in sodium hydroxide water mix over night and then power wash. I had to use a pit of plywood to block all the ports so I could fill it right up. Messy as fook, it would be worth it to pay 250 put it that way! After you might want to get your EGR disabled! Stop it from getting so bad again.
Thanks! Will tell them. I’m afraid of going into it honestly myself as this sounds like I have to pull the engine out? I will try to find a garage that does it

On the EGR disable and swirflaps delete - egr diabale is software right? So this is for the tuner to do. While the swirflaps and hardware so I could ask the garage to do it? Thanks!

And what is the effect of doing those two?
Appreciate 0