View Single Post
      11-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #1073
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

After a few weeks experience, I have three main problems with my Snapdragon unit (E87, 2009, M-ASK Business Navi).

1. PDC doesn't work. This is a major issue. I've tried everything. MCU and App upgraded to 3.0.8. PDC is just not getting power when CAN cable is connected to the Android unit. Disconnect CAN1 and it lights up (but then Android shuts down without CAN connection). I even tried powering the Detect cable, the camera interface is triggered then, and it shows the PDC graphics, but it doesn't work. Android must be interpreting CAN signals wrong?

2. The unit is powering off after only ten seconds when the key is removed, and does a full boot when key is re-inserted. The normal behavior is that it goes to sleep for about 5 minutes before powering off?

3. Like others I experience problem with sound from Navi apps if the built in music player is not started first: Full volume from front left speaker. When music player is started first, music is muted and Navi commands (Waze) are transmitted though all speakers, in a pleasant voice and volume.
Appreciate 0