View Single Post
      03-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #93
dmath
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A supercharged box of giggles

When I drove the M235 (while waiting for the paperwork to be completed on my 328, the salesman asked if there was anything I wanted to take for a spin), I fell in love with the exhaust note. As soon as the salesman started it, it hit me. The videos I've listened to today of the 328 with MPE remind me of it. Not quite as growly but really nice for a 4 cylinder. And before anyone suggests that I could get better sound from a cat-back setup, I don't want it loud -- too old for that.

Soooo, I ordered the MPE setup. Based on a recommendation in another thread, I ordered from Chris at Sterling BMW in Newport Beach. That means it has to come all the way across the country but I'd rather deal with someone who is up front and supports those of us who like to play. Can't wait for installation.

A couple of questions:
1. Would you consider going with a 3rd party installer or only go to a BMW dealer?

2. I'm going to sell the stock exhaust (my car's not a lease). What's a fair price for stock M Sport exhaust? The car is 11 days old.