413Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by outspiral View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413Bimmer View Post
I will say... if it is only ride height you are looking to solve than springs will be just fine. If it is float, bounce, and body roll your looking to fix as well, the springs will not cut it. The stock struts and shocks will need to be changed as well which is why I went from the Dinan springs to a coilover setup.
how much stiffness did the dinan springs add? Would you say it corrected 50% of the body roll? Also are those 19's in your pic?
Yeah those are 19" Savinis for summer. I run the 18" 400M in winter.

Maybe 20% body roll if I was forced to put a number to it but the car was even bouncier over bumps and the road and what not as I'm sure the car was constantly hitting or riding on bump stops due to the stock struts and shocks. I know it's more expensive but if your main goal is ride quality/improvement and not just cosmetics I'd go coilovers and not waste your time with just springs with the F30 stock suspension platform. Been very happy with Bilstein B14 PSS, doesn't slam but much lower than springs and it's quite stiff without being obnoxious for daily driving.
Appreciate 0