08-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidBlue_F30 View Post
Back in February I bought a 2015 320i xDrive CPO. I created his thread to share and document my experiences with this car. It's my daily driver and while I don't intend on tracking it there will be some performance upgrades added along with interior and exterior mods I have planned.

With 49,000 miles on it now maintenance will be due soon such as brakes, tires, serpentine belt and tensioner, and fluid flushes. Here is a list of things I've done to it already.

Mods:
  • aFe Pro 5R drop-in replacement air filter
  • Mishimoto oil catch can kit

Cosmetics:
  • PPF on the hood
  • Window tint (40%)

Maintenance
  • Liqui Moly Special Tec LL 5W30 oil
  • Mann oil filter
  • Corteco proTect cabin air filter
  • Bosch wiper blades

Accessories:
  • Tan leather key fob case

Tools
  • CTA oil filter wrench

I love this car. It may only be a base model, but that doesn't make it any less fun to drive. I upgraded from a 2004 330xi with a 6-speed manual transmission. While I enjoy driving manual I don't miss it at all. The 8-speed ZF transmission in the F30 is fast, smooth, and extremely durable. If anyone knows from experience if I can code in Sport Auto Trans to the transmission module using Bimmercode let me know. The only reason I've hesitated buying it is because I'm not entirely sure this feature will be available for this model through their app.

Next post I'll go over my current detailing supply which is growing weekly. And there's an oil sample going to Blackstone shortly.
I have a 2016 320I, also CPO, and you can definitely code SAT with Bimmercode. However it will turn your car into a bucking bronco at low speed due to the extremely aggressive downshifts.
Appreciate 0