View Single Post
      08-08-2019, 02:50 AM   #7
EstorilM240
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT

Amazing writeup and thanks for all the details. Frankly, it's the simple experience and lack of time wasted at a dealership that is very appealing to many people. Sounds like you were able to have a blast and drive more different models than probably most of the forum!

Do you get to basically pick any [new/used] car the dealer has in stock for your tier, or are there specific cars set aside for the program? I see a list of models on the Nashville website and I assume they have a few cars set aside there, but I wonder how they manage rotation on an (up to daily!) basis. I guess for a pilot, utilization doesn't need to be super high, and the economics would look better with a much larger, shared fleet in a region, and studying user behavior at the most convenient level is worth it.

I am so curious why they decided to offer this in Nashville, and not in a place like Seattle (or some other "yuppie" heavy city) where a lot of commitment-averse, non-car-owning millennial/GenX users may be very amenable and wanting something like this. People are otherwise stuck with things like Fair for medium-term renting/leases. Also helps young people whose insurance rates are higher, and dealing with

Maybe nearness to the SC plant, testing in a more "representative" market of the US? Still boggles my mind though.
Appreciate 0