Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
Correct.

I always have the aircon on. Never had an issue, and I ran my last car for 6 years, was 10 years old when I sold it and it never needed to be regassed.

The climate control is designed to run continuously and will cool or heat as required, also with the aircon off it won't dehumidify either.
Same here, on all my cars I’ve always left the A/C on all year round (it helps De-mist quicker in winter). My F30 is the only car where I’ve had to have any repairs/re-charge done, but that was down to a leak on the condenser from stone hits which is quite common on the F3x cars due to the condenser being vulnerable to stone hits through the kidney grilles.

I have an old beater 13 year old Ford Focus Mk2 here and the A/C still bows ice cold in hot weather. It’s actually a little colder than my F30. Both systems tested temp at the centre vent with probe thermometer in 25c ambient temp. BMW is 3c at the vent on the coldest climate control setting (16c) and the 13 year old Focus is an ice cold 2c! Although you can’t tell any difference between them in real world use, both keep you nice and cool on a hot day.
Appreciate 0