JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by richatha View Post
Thanks everyone it was what i suspected it to be. The VT is is half the RRP or half of what I paid?

It's not that I don't love the car i'm besotted with it but it's the pure financial impact it's having that might not be able to continue but I do normally look at the worst case scenario before I actually know anything.

Reading your comments my deposit was similar and being low but we do low mileage but if it comes to it i will phone the finance department up and see what they say.

Thanks guys!
Your VT point is:
The price actually paid plus the total interest due for the full PCP term, divided by 2.
Minus your deposit.
Minus the BMW deposit contribution (shown on finance paperwork, not dealer discount which won't show).
Divide that new figure by your monthly payments and that gives you your VT point.

Or, ring BMW.
The above sets-out how to calculate your VT point although if you're unsure calling BMWFS will be the best option as they'll give you a definitive answer immediately!

I suspect you know it already but buying a new car and looking to bail-out after 12 months is usually bad news financially. Even if you got a decent discount you'll still be looking at heavy depreciation over the first couple of years so if finances permit it may be better to grit your teeth and keep the 340i a bit longer?

Hopefully your circumstances won't force you into getting rid early but in any event good luck with it all.
Appreciate 0