02-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #3
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Thanks for the write-up. I looked into K-Mac camber plates last year but decided against as I'd heard repeated stories of their customer support being dreadful, and the components not being particularly good quality. It sounds like you've had a better experience thus far.

Being able to get to -1.8 is a good result, and pretty much exactly what I've opted for using Millway top mounts (-1.75). Being able to keep the OEM top mount means no increase in NVH; a big plus point.

One thing that I've noticed in favour of aftermarket top mounts is improved damper response due to the lack of the OEM top mount compliance bearing. Have you had the chance to compare ?

The K-Mac camber bush looks to be a good product - presumably no need to change any other components. Good find
I can't say I'm brave enough to try K-Mac's camber plates right now either. There just aren't as many design solutions to combat the noise there while maintaining robustness.

Unfortunately I've never had anything other than the OE top mounts, so I can't speak to how different ones would affect damper response due to the more rigid connection.
Appreciate 0