View Single Post
      03-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #23
Kev87
Rep
Drives: 435d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn1981 View Post
Didn’t want to start a new thread

Could those of you who have VT’d before please tell me of your experience of doing it, whatvare the issues I may come up against?

I am at month 42 of a 48 month and due to needing a vehicle with more space I am keen to change now for something bigger. I’m in negative equity so dealer not interested in negotiating and X5 will be at ridiculous cost for a while, so probably going to go for an XC90 or Q7. But will have to VT if I want to change now.

Do I just call them and tell them I want to VT, do I have to plead financial hardship? What has been your experiences of the process you went through.

Thanks
Not at all, VT'ing is fairly common these days. They won't need any explanation of why you are doing it. Just be aware that they want the car back in good condition so will assess the car and charge you for any repairs. When you call them ask about this and they can usually point you towards a website with a price list. Then you can work out whether it is worth the hassle of getting the repairs done yourself prior to hand back or just let them crack on with (wife got away with 3 kerbed alloys when she VT'd last year)

Good luck!
Appreciate 0