c.grex
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn1981 View Post
Didn’t want to start a new thread

Could those of you who have VT’d before please tell me of your experience of doing it, whatvare the issues I may come up against?

I am at month 42 of a 48 month and due to needing a vehicle with more space I am keen to change now for something bigger. I’m in negative equity so dealer not interested in negotiating and X5 will be at ridiculous cost for a while, so probably going to go for an XC90 or Q7. But will have to VT if I want to change now.

Do I just call them and tell them I want to VT, do I have to plead financial hardship? What has been your experiences of the process you went through.

Thanks
I rang in advance, they where really helpful. They told me wait 3 months and that would be the month I could VT without owing anything. They sent (via email) a guide about what the car inspection would involve, and what is acceptable wear and tear with pictures.
On the day a guy came and looking at the car and took loads of pictures. He noted that one curbed alloy was about 10mm over what is allowed without a charge, but he said he wouldn’t mark it down because the rest of the car was mint.

He left and a 2nd guy came by foot (walked 3 miles from train station) he took more photos and said he was taking straight to the auction holding compound.

All in all stress free, I just send the log book back to BMW finance. They sent a letter to say it was done.
Appreciate 0