Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
I did some testing with CF.lumen apk and was able to success full unpack/edit/repack, sign and install CF.lumen on my test mobile, all with out errors (it was pain in the a**).

I then did the same procedure with kswplauncher, and also no error message.
But the app does still not start, maybe something else , not signing related does prevent it from working ?

Kri
Well that rises even more questions...

1. Does the signature has to be the same for all ksw apps? As far as I know signature is required to install app and sometimes same key is used for signing few app from the same vender to allow them sharing of sensitive data. Maybe that's the issue.

2. Does this app need to be installed (as update) or just dropped in place of the original one? Maybe replacing apk file, changing permissions and then rebooting would do the trick.

3. Some apps are protected to prevent manipulation/modification. How it is done and what would one find trying to modify such app I don't know. Could that be the case? Personally I doubt this.

My knowledge of Android development ends here I'm afraid. Writing an app is one thing... modding, hacking and reverse engineering is something else.
Appreciate 0