View Single Post
      10-21-2018, 08:08 PM   #16
BitcoinDr.
Rep
Drives: BMW 440xi

Bimmercode is free to download and practice with in demo mode. You need to do an in-app purchase for around $30 to activate it and use it to connect to your vehicle.

I did some coding with Bimmercode first. Then I read all of the linked written guides on the coding forums, and watched the BMW esys coding YouTube videos at least 3 times until I reached the point where I was not learning nothing new. Then I felt ready to hook up and code with esys the first time. And before doing that, I connected to the car with the laptop and downloaded everything and browsed the options offline for a while (like a "dress rehearsal") before connecting back and coding the last few changes. This resulted in no mistakes and a perfect code session the first time.

If you are willing to put the time into learning and are not in a rush, you can do it yourself. It is not hard at all with Bimmercode and their few, but popular, easy features to code. Then once you do a few with that, you are then ready to install the free esys downloads mentioned in the coding forums to your laptop to unlock the entire coding space. Then the car becomes a collection of different modules, only a few of which you will ever want to read or change.

My best advice... research what you want you code and the new selections first using your sources. Do not just browse around in esys while connected to the car and start changing stuff that looks interesting.
2013 Audi A3 "clean " TDI bought back at full purchase price after 50k miles

Last edited by BitcoinDr.; 10-21-2018 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: typo fix
Appreciate 0