View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 09:42 AM   #8
mousefarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK335iMSPT View Post
Car:2014 335i xdrive with 60k miles. Symptoms behave around 30k.

This has been one of few complaints I have with this specific drivetrain. It's brilliant when driving in a sporty manner but horrible when at low speed situations like traffic and parking lots. I believe the transfer case in the xdrives are a major culprit but not the only problem. I've been to BMW so many times and they say it's all normal. I'll be driving and watch the gear shift with a split second delay in drivetrain engagement. Example: Shift, pause, engage(car bucks). Only does this in lower gears like 1-3 and sometimes 4. I've never felt this behavior in any rear wheel drive model with the same drivetrain. Drives me absolutely mad when it does it. It is a lot worse when the motor is cold too but still does it when fully warm. I have XHP and it's helped but it still does it which makes me believe it's the transfer case. I want to try Xdelete to see if the symptoms go away.

Yes, it is annoying at times and I've changed the tranny fluid several times without it changing it. The old E90 model ZF and GM 6 speed automatics are much smoother 1st to 2nd compared to this 2012 ZF 8 speed.

I guess will just live with it or drive faster.
Appreciate 0