View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRyd View Post
Iv'e not owned a e9x but I have driven one on many occasions. I have the MSport with sport seats and the leather in this car is on par or better than the leather in the previous BMW's. its not Bently quality but inside it's relative segment it is very good qaulity, same with the other components. The Msort also comes with an upgraded steering wheel and the leather quality is much better than the standard. I am also confused by your statement about build quality? Fitment is a completely different issue than component quality.

Kevin
Thanks, yeah I should say quality of materials and not build quality. You are right, that mainly concerns the fitment and not materials themselves.

Guess it was too late for me to have edited my post with more explanation. I was not much concerned with the leather itself apart from the center console that mentioned in my first post. Could be just that specific car. But it is more about the dash materials in true sense.

The knobs for the turn signals and wipers seem a slight step backwards too, perhaps to make them lighter, and not as good to touch.

I think I have already beaten this to death.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0