United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchener View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
...With the larger Wagner Competition EVO2, heat soak should not be an issue. The question is whether that larger size causes slower flow and does it cause more turbo lag?

Remember that there is considerable overlap between the EVO1 and EVO2. Who knows? Maybe it could also be that they both handle this horsepower level without heat soak or turbo lag. If that turned out to be the case, then the current $210 price differential would be more of an insurance policy to have excess capacity in case of an exotic fueling upgrade or a turbo upgrade.
You put it pretty well -- I guess it's why I'm still considering $900 for the Evo 2 despite some well-regarded ICs (ATM) being a good bit less. The in-for-a-penny,-in-for-a-pound principle lol.
Also don't forget the used parts market means that you can always sell your part to upgrade again. I've done that already with other parts. I'm on my third brake caliper/rotor configuration. I've always been able to sell my previous parts for a reasonable price and put the money towards my new upgrade.

If I suddenly decided to upgrade my stock turbo I would also buy a Wagner Competition EVO2, and then sell my Wagner Competition EVO1.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1