View Single Post
      09-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #89
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Why the sudden interest in four door Coupe's?
Well the demographic for standard Coupe models is changing because of the emergence of new markets the customers are getting younger and with that demographic comes the responsibilities that the customer requires , extra flexibility for a family or business clients yet they still crave the sleek looks and performance of a Coupe. BMW are not alone in extending their product line to include more practical Coupe models.
Ok. If that's true, then design the new sedans to give that look, and it will appeal to those who seek a sleeker look.

To my eye, I don't see anything on the GC's that would appeal to a coupe buyer who needs more room. The GC's are LONGER than the coupe, thus negating the appeal of a coupe that gives the car a smaller look vs it's sedan variant, even if it isnt'.

I see this GC as alternatives for sedan buyers not couple buyers. Those who want a coupe want a 2 door, at least I do. When I got my 135i I liked it because of it's 2 door styling.

The GC does look nice, great style. If both the F30 and the 4 GC were out, I'd consider either one. But if I really wanted a coupe, it would be a 2 door.
Appreciate 0