shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 32 View Post
Sorry, new to coding... Probably a dumb question that I think I answered myself.

Here is a post with a pic that member posted and now I am thinking that the "unknown" was due to him changing the werte value instead of the drop down?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=945

Regardless, and in theory, if you restore all the original CAFD from backup is there likely still some sort of trail (I assume there always is with software, but hoping nothing this obvious or noticeable)?
Yes, I think in that instance, incompatible Werte Values were used.

There may be some way to tell, but again with normal FDL coding nothing is obvious, especially after the coding is removed and the module is returned to the original state. Now if you alter your VO Options, and / or change your Production Date and write it to the car, and do not reverse that, that will easily be discovered. If you flash the firmware on an ECU, which can't be reversed, that may or may not be noticed.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0