View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 08:14 AM   #40
f30_owner
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer786 View Post
The wires go to the REM (-which is a unit near the battery).
I believe not all our F30s instantly have the correct REM (my 320d ED hasn't), and on mine the plug-in, situated behind the rear pillar, is totally absent.
It may even be a UK thing for us not to have the prewires installed by BMW as standard, I don't know maybe it's not sunny enough(!)
The missing connections, that wire up to the electric sun blind, are available on a few of the 'V1' REMs -and they need to be coded to the car as well after installation with Esys (which I have no clue about -yet?).
The sun blind installation also requires coding too, I'm advised.
I'm not even sure if the required replacement control switch will just slot straight into place without the need for additional wires to the FEM??
This all sounds confusing and more work than is worth it, but stupidly, I have started obtaining the parts at this stage, to have a pop at it. I just need the 2 wires (preferably with BMW coupler), control switch assembly and E-sys cable (software familiarisation) to source. My Bimmercode won't work on this. This install job will take a while cos I'm sick at the moment and have other jobs mounting.

GAWD!! it was so so much simpler on the E46 retrofit -back in the day (when I was younger!
Any update for your case? Cos I have similar situation....
Appreciate 0