Jvac
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwerspeed123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Don't add your name to the list of people who bought a battery for no good reason just because someone made an internet diagnosis. Whatever is causing the car to go into neutral should come up on a scan with a diagnostic tool. That's the first step in diagnosing any problem. First you find out what's broken, then you fix it, not the other way around. Besides, if you get a battery you'll need a diagnostic repair tool like Bimmerlink to register it.

Withe proper care, which includes using a maintainer if you don't drive much in winter, a battery may last at least eight years. Mine is approaching seven, and it's as good as the day it was new.
Yeah thank you, i do agree with you. Just wanted to when people usually change their battery.
Mine lasted 6+ years on a daily driver. These batteries are pretty big so they can accommodate the stop/start system. They are otherwise oversized for such a small engine.