Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive

Garage List
2015 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiEaterF30 View Post
I was kinda 50/50 on the whole thing. I wanted my car back but I didn't want to get it back butchered.

I actually talked to the body shop manager bc we work closely together and he is letting me go this weekend to remove whatever I can off the car. I just have to replace it with oem parts and i have most of my stock parts so that works out kinda. no body shop does this from what I hear so I guess I got lucky. but anyone with a n26 328 I'll have some parts up for sale soon
Well, that is at least a small win. Sounds like you have a good shop who works with you…many shops see the insurance companies their customer and not the vehicle owner. Again, the fact that no one was seriously hurt is the best news, and the used car market helped keep you from being upside down…situation could have been MUCH worse.

Since you had structural damage, it's best it's totaled as you would not want the car back. I guess in my situation I was just lucky in how I got hit as there was no structural damage despite it looking a lot worse. That's why it's hard to tell the severity from pics or even just looking at the car from above.

Good luck with your next one!
Appreciate 0