View Single Post
      03-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #31
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
The lawsuit really puts into perspective what was going on back in late 2011. Bernie was involved a lot more than he was letting on. Tavo says he still wants the track and race to go on as schedule, even though he just filed a lawsuit. But if his desire is to make sure this race goes off without a hitch and his desire is for the people of Austin, the State of Texas and the fans… it sure seems odd that all the talk and lawsuit is centered around money and Hellmund getting a big chunk of it for his initial involvement. Fact is he lost controll of the project when he forked over a 75% share in the project to Texas businessmen McCombs and Epstein, in return for hundreds of millions. Moral of the story...he wants his MONEY.
Well, of course he wants his money back. That is only natural, and doesn't really detract from my perception of his legitimate interest and love of Formula 1. Money aside, I think he just wanted to be involved in the sport still.

Pitpass.com has also tipped him to replace the former AllSport managing director. Which could also be the 'on-deck' position for the man who will eventually take over for Ecclestone. Though, I'm sure how Hellmund handles this whole situation will heavily influence the AllSport deal.