View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
rickyf10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

119508 Rail Pressure Sensor Plausibility: Pressure Too Low Before Engine Startup

i know it's the wrong forum, my motor is s63tu on f10 m5, but there are not many people active on m5post so i decide to ask for some advice here

So few days ago in the morning, i started my car but CEL poped up, "drivetrain malfunction" poped up on screen and engine died soon after rev tried to stablize around 800 during cold start. Then i scanned the code and got:

118011 Mixture control, Across bank mixture too Rich. (this one doesnt trigger CEL)
119508 Rail Pressure Sensor Plausibility: Pressure Too Low Before Engine Startup

I flashed back to stock tune (was running bm3 stage 1), and tried to start again. The rev fluctuated around 800 again but car didnt die (along with kinda rough idle). After driving off, the car just ran fine.

So today I kept eye on rail pressure and notice that rail pressure was very low (around 100 psi) before i started it up, and after I started engine, it rise to 1800 psi (is it normally that high????), along with rough idle as last time.

note: all 8 injectors were replaced half a year ago due to leaky injector

anyone has idea on this problem?
Appreciate 0