Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam! View Post
Hi all,

In the process of rebuilding calipers, of course one of the caliper bolt was seized. Anyone know where to source a replacement? Looking for the bolt circled in red.

Contact Dave Zeckhausen at Zeckhausen Racing. He is the brake guru.
I just enlarged your photo. I'm pretty sure that I was told not to ever undue the bolts that hold the caliper together. Not meant to be serviced
It would be impossible to powdercoat/rebuild the caliper then. There are plenty rebuild kits (even from Brembo) so I doubt it is meant to be unserviceable
The calipers can still be rebuilt. The pistons, seals and dust caps all remove from the inside. Brembo told me that the fasteners that hold the castings together are not to be removed. I think I was trying to find out their torque spec at the time.

FYI- my bathroom scale did not work to try to get a weight on the wheel & tire. Electronic and bouncing all over the place
Ah yes you are correct if it's already unpainted. But how can you strip the painted calipers for new paint without removing the crossover seals? Since I had to redo my calipers a few times we had to dunk them in acid to get the coat off. The crossover seals definitely started to melt
True. I forgot about the crossover seals. My powdercoater media blasts the calipers before recoating. Acid dunking seems pretty hardcore. He does dunk certain items depending on what it is.
Appreciate 0