antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fww135 View Post
I went with their mid-grade ceramic tint. $300 for the rear half of my wagon. No issues with radio or cell reception, but I didn’t get the front window tinted.

Just a warning about TintWorks, though. I originally had them apply tint last month. After a week, I noticed dozens of tiny bubbles in the tint on every window. I notified them of this, and they generously agreed to strip the original tint and reapply. They did, but the second application had the same issue. Once again, they agreed to redo the tint, but I haven’t had the time to bring the car back yet. They said that they had an issue with contaminants in the water that they were using. I’ll let you know how things look when I bring the car back next week. Good customer service, but I wish I didn’t have to deal with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Looking at tint works burlington, ma. Go ceramic or non-ceramic? I have sat radio, but do not have the LCD digital dash so no brightness concern there
I got my tint done at Tint World in Salem, NH. After 7 days i still see some small thin lines of bubbles (almost appear to be scratches but I assume bubbles). The shop mgr said when I originally got it done to wait 30 days for it to complete. Does anyone know how long it should take? The fact that your tint shop offered to do it over after 1 week makes me think that is the realistic timeframe, but on the other hand mine saying 30 makes me think sometimes it takes longer? I have it outside in sunlight as suggested, but it is not hot summer heat - late October in new england, does that matter?
Appreciate 0