View Single Post
      10-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #2
MissionPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Now time came to deciding he color the car will be switching to. I was stuck between few colors including Imola Red and San Marino Blue. After a bit of debate and looking at 100s of F31 pictures online, I decided to go with San Marino.

The body stripped down and ready for the respray:

Frame is all painted and sitting outside for next 5 days to cure:

Now that the body is finished, wiring harnesses ran and miles of wiring is added, time came to figure out the situation with the B58 power plant. I had one engine that came from a flooded donor car but there was one little issue..the engine was submerged under water for few days and result was:

Little Video:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0FHP...9bPCjEVeoO8ThA

Surprisingly, after full tear down, the motor was still in good shape, with one exception. LDS treatment on the B58 block cylinders rusts VERY easily and the result is the block that has to be sleeved to be usable. So for now I ended up getting a B58 with only 5K miles and set my flooded motor aside. After the initial project is finished, I will go back and build the engine with rods/pistons/sleeves and all those good things.

The trans was full of water as well BUT was salvageable. I tore the trans apart, pulled every nut and bolt out of it and to my biggest surprise, it was still in perfect shape. So all new gaskets and orings and we are all set.

Last edited by MissionPerformance; 10-23-2018 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 6