12-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #19
dor1angray
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
Not sure about the M2's charge pipe, but the Stage 0+ blew the stock charge pipe off my 435i pretty quickly.

When you flash back to stock you can choose to re-lock the DME or leave it unlocked. However, if they check the flash counter it will be detectable.
Finally pulled the trigger and bought a bootmod3 license with unlimited maps (extra $50). Knowing that I will be trying on several maps, created the helpdesk in the bootmod3 and asked if there is a flashing counter and/or if there is a limit to how many times different maps can be flashed.

The bootmod3 rep said there is no limit to how many times DME can be flashed and that there is no flasher counter that will tell how many times DME was flashed.

bootmod3 rep did confirm that the stock map can be reflashed and that DME can be relocked but also added that DME relocking or stock map reflashing does not prevent the dealer SA from detecting DME flashing even if stock map was reflashed. So DME re-locking or stock map flashing is appears rather useless a feature especially for warranty claims.

Now, with only 30K on my 435i and knowing this will likely get by VIN flagged, I am on the fence on whether I should go for it at all But again, the money on the bootmod3 license has been spent already... so...

Last edited by dor1angray; 12-10-2018 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 0