12-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #22
dor1angray
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
The flash to stock and lock isn't necessarily useless. It's great because at first glance the car will appear to be stock. Only if the dealer does extensive digging will they find evidence of a flash tune. Either way, if you have a good report with your SA at BMW you shouldn't have any issues. My SA knows I'm FBO + tune and I get regular maintenance and warranty items covered with no issue.

Thanks for your response. I guess YMMV as it comes to the service adviser. I have ready some post here presumable belonging to one of those service advisers. They guy claimed that they have no benefit in flagging VINs as they feed off warranty claims paid for by BMW and the more of those they have the better it is for the service center.

So I understand there is a chance that going FBO will not get a 100% of SA's all freak out and start running in circles shouting the vehicle is now ruined and will not be serviced because by exhaust, air intake, and/or chargepipe are not OEM.

I guess I will stop by at a couple of authorized BMW centers to check on those service advisers I had worked with and talk to them about the plan of going FBO to see how they will react.

Another option is going to a tuning center (bootmod3 customer rep provided me with a link to the one they trust here in Miami) and talk to the folks to see if they can give me a reference or a name of the SA they know who is flexible enough.
Appreciate 0