Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I don't have a remap on my car, I don't drive recklessly, I never even break the speed limit, I'm a boring, law abiding citizen, so I think I'll be fine.
teaston you've fitted a modification to your car which you are legally obliged to declare, and you haven't done so.

This modification, and lack of declaration, would almost certainly invalidate your insurance, and, in the event of a situation which was investigated by the police or a crash investigator would likely be discovered and reported.

Let's assume that it was speed related. Not only could you be open to criminal prosecution, but also no third party insurance in the event of a civil action i.e. for personal injury.

Is it worth it to avoid, say, a £50 increase in your insurance premium ? Big risk IMO.
Not at all, as long as my modifications don't cause an incident then there's nothing wrong at all with not insuring them. I've even had an insurance company replace an aftermarket spoiler (with a genuine BMW one) on my F30 which wasn't declared.

The information you're working on comes from years ago when insurance companies were taking the piss, before the 2017 legislation posted above.

A black grille or a carbon fibre door mirror cover make no difference to anything whatsoever.
Appreciate 0