View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 06:12 AM   #226
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_45 View Post
Didn't want to make a new post, but since a lot of people who know about these cars are chiming in here I wanted to ask why when I went to the dyno today, I couldn't do pull because the chassis malfunction light came on as well as ABS light? When it did work, I only got 398 whp on stage 2 e30 which is completely wrong... any ideas? I even put it into roller mode.
We did DSC off for stock pulls but then when I went stage 1 it did something similar. It would completely shut down and not let us finish a pull. After putting it into roller mode it worked perfectly, but I had to do it every single pull. After one pull and stopping, the next pull would throw codes and shut down.

If the light came on, then you likely didn't put it into roller mode properly. And like I said, we put it into roller mode and then the 2nd pull it cut out again, so we realized you had to do the button sequence every time.

If your 398whp run was a full pull to redline, then you likely had no issues. It might be a dyno that just reads low, or the fans/airflow weren't sufficient. If you are able to get back on the dyno, run logs at the same time to make sure IATs aren't climbing too far and the car isn't pulling timing. Unfortunately, dynos are hard to match apples to apples so I can't really say that 398whp is out of the question. You might have dyno'd 290whp stock on that same set of rollers.

So yeah, a lot of variables can come into play. If you have them, post your dyno/logs. That might give more info.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0