View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 11:00 AM   #111
MikeKanterakis
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 sDrive28i - Base - Blk

Unhappy 131,000 miles w/no problems and now I found this post...

Happened to me last Saturday, took off from a light, it bucked and said something about power train, limp home, and died. no check engine light!?

got towed home and it just would not start. until about 9pm. started up and held 4000 RPMs for about a minute. then slowly dropped rpms and died a final death around 2000 rpms. cry emoji inserted here.

Was making 50+MPG coming back from AZ a few weeks ago (75mph w/AC on). now dealer says $11,697.37 for a complete fuel system replacement!? i didn't know Bosch made suicide bomber HPFPs. sooooo glad i wasn't 50 miles deep in BFE when this PREVENTABLE catastrophe happened.

Called BMW USA 1-800-831-1117 and had my issue escalated to see what if anything BMW will help with.

gotta say, wind is out of my sails on this car. I used to tell everyone how reliable it was and how impossible the fuel economy was. i kept it 100% and did all maintenance including trans and differential oils because this was supposed to look good and run well for 1 million miles...

here's a pic of my damaged pump now with 100% more metal shavings... i would be happy to spend $1,000 every 100,000 miles to avoid this problem, but over 10 grand on a surprise, your car is worthless as of Saturday? please god no.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0