07-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #37
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Just got back from my local muffler shop and did the muffler delete with dual resonated tips. The tips I chose look very similar to the Borla and Active Autowerks exhaust systems. So far I'm very happy.

Sound
Not too loud but there definitely is a nice rumble, especially in the mid range while boosting. The cold start sound is very deep and throaty, and you can hear a pop and gurgle on upshifts. I haven't noticed any significant drone at highway speeds either but we'll see in a few hundred miles when the pipes break-in. As with any exhaust upgrade, you can definitely tell its not stock but it inst bothersome by any means. If you have an auto, regular 'D' mode is still very quiet around town. DS and Sport are a bit louder but sound great to my ears. Im sure a nice full exhaust would sound a little more refined, but this option coupled with the factory resonator is good enough for me.

Performance
I havent driven much yet but low end torque seems to be improved. Light acceleration in the low RPM range seems to pick up faster and the car seems snappier under boost. Its over 90F today so im sure ill see some more performance when the air cools down later tonight.

Price
I paid $200 for the parts and labor and im definitely happy with the result. I didn't feel like dishing out $1000+ on an exhaust for my leased car, but really wanted some better sound. This did the trick for me and is easily reversible upon lease turn in. if your on the fence about spending money on an exhaust, this is a good way to go.

ill try to post a video when I get some time. cheers
Appreciate 0