06-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #161
Johnny250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon

New wheels!

-BBS LM 18x8, 18x9.5
-Blue M-Sport brakes front and rear, 340/345 setup

Found a rare set of BBS LM's in an 18 inch setup (discontinued) and couldn't pass it up, it's a 18x8 (+25 to +30) ish offset fronts and 18x9.5 +34 offset rears. The front offset is around there just by guessing, I've ran quite a few wheels and that's what I came up with. I WILL eventually measure it to see what it is, but the reason I don't know is because it's a face off a 18x9.5 +34 LM wheel, onto an 8 inch wide barrel.

I chose this setup due to the fact that it can run the OEM sized tires (225/45/18 and 255/40/18) without stretching the tires, I'm trying to keep the OEM radius as close as possible because the vehicle has x-drive. Installed OEM tpms sensors with BBS valve stem caps, and topped it off with Blue/Gold BBS caps (always wanted these, I remember the blue cap was rare since it only came with the mag BBS wheels, but I guess they started making them for everyone).

Issues
Of course, after I mounted up these pretties I would run into issues. Test fit went fine, until I tried turning the front wheel, the inside barrel was stuck on my bbk caliper (370 mm M Performance brakes).

Initial Test Fit

So I figured out I needed the 340 M-Sport brakes in the front to make it work, so I asked around for a car with similar specs, and someone was nice enough to help me test-fit.

Second Test Fit

Woohoo, it fits! but...

If you don't know what you're looking at.. the rears are WAY too aggressive. Good news is I knew the rear was reverse-faced, if you don't know BBS LM's.. that means the face was mounted from the inside of the barrel, allowing for more lip and more aggressive stance. No problem.. let's reverse-reverse face this damn thing.

After/Before (notice the face location)

Finally! Ready to install this thing.

I ended up getting some blue M-Sport 340/345 calipers from ebay, Stoptech drilled/slotted front rotors, and Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. Had Danny at Minicorsa install em and finally put on my rims.. from buying these wheels in March, to finally installing them in June, it was pretty satisfying seeing them on.

Last edited by Johnny250; 06-27-2018 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 4
kern4174449.50
cdwalls702.00
haagm58809.50