Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 330xi G21 ELSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjak View Post
My 320D is due for renewal within the next 6 months, although I can do it any time from now really. I don't particularly need a Diesel engine, I only do 6000 miles a year as my daily commute to work is 10 miles there and back. The rest of my mileage is made up of a to b driving, going the shops and visiting family, etc. Very few long journeys or motorway driving these days.

Got to say, the Diesel engine has served me very well, I only ever have to fill up once a month and this normally sees me through. On average I pretty much get 500 miles out of a full tank. MPG is currently at 58, but have just done an airport run so it's not exactly an accurate picture.

Just been reading an article about rising fuel prices and I'm wondering if now is the right time for me to make the switch back to petrol, rather than taking another diesel for the next 4 years. The only thing holding me back is whether or not the fuel economy on the petrol is going to be anything similar to what I've got now. I know it depends on driving style but there's no way I'm going to get 500 miles out of a 320i M Sport Auto!

Can anyone shed any experiences on petrol models and how they fare with fuel?

Thanks!
Hi, I have a 320i M-Sport with a sports auto box RWD. I have just filled up my car and I got 485 to the tank with about 10 miles left showing on the computer. I usually get about 450 so this was a bit higher than usual.

My average mpg since buying the car new in Dec 2015 is 38.5 mpg over 27,000 miles. I do mixed driving, motorway, A road and short town trips. In eco pro on a run I have had 53 mpg on a journey.

I had driven lots of high powered BMW''s in my previous job but figured that the 320i was all I needed or wanted. The B48 2.0 turbo engine is good. 0-60 in 7.2s. 290 Nm of torque. Work's well with the sports auto 8AT. (and adaptive suspension)

I have never been a fan of diesel, even when the government were pushing it. If I were to renew my car, I would buy exactly the same car, same spec but with lumbar support...and a different colour just for a change.

Xdrive will give lower mpg, but I bought a second hand set of winter wheels and tyres and they were great last winter, and happy with the feel and handling of RWD.

See if you can test drive a 320i, most would be surprised how good they are.
320i with either xdrive or auto has 270Nm instead of 290.
Appreciate 0