View Single Post
      01-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #29
silvrbreez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Life Update

So it's been over 5 months and not much has changed since the last post. Life has taken a different turn and I've changed companies in my career. After working as a consulting engineer for over 15 years and eventually becoming the engineering manager of the Civil/Structural Engineering at our company, I've taken a new opportunity to become the Director of Engineering at our local Port. It's been an exciting change and I've spent the last 4+ months getting acclimated to a new daily routine and responsibilities. I'm excited about what the future has in store for this next stage of my career.

Car Update

Because my priorities have been justifiably adjusted over the last 4+ months, work on the car has ceased other than maintenance washes and detailing. I'm starting to look into some new modifications to improve my daily 20-30 minute commute while also maybe changing up the look a bit.

The short-term list of modifications I'm considering include...
  • New low-dust & low-noise pads: I'm considering Posi-Quiet Ceramic still as mentioned before but also looking into Akebono Ceramic due to their reputation in the BMW community.
  • IND keyhole delete
  • BMW M Performance or Vorstiener carbon fiber rear spoiler
  • ARMA or Arkym or Vorstiener carbon fiber front lip
Not totally sure about the carbon fiber bits. I've never really been a fan of carbon fiber for the sake of carbon fiber, but I think a few pieces could be tastefully done. If I get comfortable with the idea, perhaps the full Arkym kit could be the way to go.

Regarding long-term plans...

I'm also considering getting several Dinan parts to qualify for the Dinan badge. Something about that has always intrigued me since I first became interested in BMW's a long time back. If I go that route, I'd get the intake, exhaust, springs, ride kit, and Shockware tune. That combination would give the the 10 Dinan points required to qualify for the badge. Depending on how the funds shake out, I may also opt for Stage 2 Tune (384 hp & 417 ft-lb).

If I do get the badge, I'd want to paint it gloss black to keep the chrome away and be consistent with the Shadowline trim.