Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
I have a 335d and 4 pirelli pzero rft 19 inch and less than 8000 miles on them. yesterday was a rainy day and a rural road(speed limit 60mph) I was taking a curve at 30mph and i completely lost control and the back came out 1 way and I corrected the other way again and back came out the other way amd narrowly missed a head on collision with a massive boulder by 5 metres and was lucky there was no other car on the road.
i have had other moments with brand new tyres when it has been cold or rainy that the back has come out but never so dangerously.
I upgraded to ACS springs which improved dry handling but wet handling has been a snake with heart stopping moments of oversteer. Are any of you guys experiencing this too?
Anyway I am booked in to change to michelin pilot sport 4 tommorrow all 4 tyres. £700 damn!
It would be interesting to know if I can trust my car again as frankly I never trusted it around corners like my x5 or for that matter the 3 series.
I currently think it is a death trap in its current state.
Is it the car or is it the tyres I will soon find out.
If wet handling improves and its the tyres I will treat myself and I'm thinking of getting upgraded shocks next.
If not I might have to take a painful decision.
Appreciate 0