View Single Post
      10-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #41
silvrbreez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Car Update

I still have the Posi-Quiet pads taking up space in the garage, but now I've also got a set of Dinan Springs and their Supplemental Ride Quality Kit (i.e. bumpstops) ready to go on as well. I'll take care of all of that at once. I recently found out that a good friend of mine that owns a tint business has a lift that he's offered to let me use for the install. I'm going to be taking him up on that as soon as I can get a free Saturday when I'm finished coaching my son's soccer team (probably late-November or early-December).

Short Term Plans

After about a year's worth of back and forth taking myself into and out of carbon fiber on the car, I've elected to avoid it altogether. I like the cleanliness and overall "buisness class" aesthetic that the F30 335i has. The BBS wheels and Dinan Springs will offer just enough aggression and I think the carbon fiber would be a bit overkill for my personal taste. I can appreciate the look, but I don't think it's me.

With that said, I will be opting for the IND gloss black painted roundels to add to the clean aesthetic and do away with even more of the chrome on the exterior. I may or may not do the IND painted keyhole delete since I almost don't even notice that anymore.

Not sure what else I'll do to the car on the exterior after those few things.

Long Term Plans

I'd still like to do an intake and exhaust combination but I'm not necessarily married to Dinan anymore or the idea of pursuing the Dinan badge. I'm not sure what the best intake/exhaust companies are for the F30, but I plan to do more research into AWE, Eisenmann, Remus, M-Perf, Dinan, etc. One thing I do know is that I want black tips.