View Single Post
      11-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #16021
CaptainLockdown
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Luxury F30

Instrument cluster language changed after coding with Carly

Hi. Don't want to start a new thread over this but if needed please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated here.
I have a BMW F30 320i Luxury 2013. Imported from Japan and fully converted to English with NBT and Navigation. After some basic coding with Carly (enabling Cruise Control in HUD) the instrument cluster service messages after turning on the ignition, e.g. the 'Ignition switch on' message as well as service menus with oil or water levels, 'Service due in xxx km' message etc are switched back to Japanese. I have NBT Language set to English UK and Time zone to Wellington, Auckland as before. NBT is still in English, Navigation works. But the instrument cluster messages are now in Japanese. I tried to restore a couple of previews backups from the Carly app backup. It had no effect whatsoever. Turned the ignition on and off a few times, tried to restore a very first backup made by Carly, before I even started coding, no success. I also have Bimmercode with modBMW adapter which I can use for advanced coding if needed. What should I do? I didn't try to drive the vehicle yet but switching engine on and off doesn't help either. I feel like there's some mess with language files after that conversion as switching language in iDrive leaves it in English UK, doesn't matter what language I choose. But at least it was all in English until now, and it didn't bother me at all. iDrive Language setting doesn't change a thing. I've seen somewhere that for other languages to work in iDrive some other parameters should coded, not just the cluster language. Any cheatsheet link to that? Thanks.

PS. After investigating a bit I suspect it's maybe because I did CAFD coding first before VO coding, which reseted values to defaults, correct me if I'm wrong, please. Now, how to code it again?

Last edited by CaptainLockdown; 11-10-2021 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0