General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by barni320 View Post
HI

I have few questions about esys backups.

I made FDL Coding, before that i saved FA and SVT and I thought that are my backups. Now I read that to revert my changes I've should save CAFD NCD files after reading coding data.

That's procedure I've found:
Restore .NCD:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click CAFD File => Select New FDL => Navigate to C:\ESysData\CAF and select matching .NCD file => Left-Click on Inserted CAFD => Select FDL Code.

1)So now my question is, can I do something with FA or SVT files to restore my changes without CAFD (.NCD)? Or maybe I Can load SVT and then code it somehow?

2)I have one NCD file in E-sys CAF folders, but this data is before FDL coding (automatic backup?) or it's overwritten file by me?

Edit: I don't want to VO code whole module, because i made some changes before that i want to keep.
If you want to backup modified .ncd files (post FDL Coding), simply read ECU Coding Data after FDL Coding, and copy the corresponding ECU .ncd file from C:\Data\CAF to backup location.

If your plan to do so though is so you can restore FDL Coding if ECU is upgraded via programming, I would not do so as if dealer programs the car, ECU will get a new CAFD, and restoring backed up coding data from old CAFD "A" into new CAFD "B" is not wise. They may not be aligned.

Why bother anyway, when you can recode car in 10 minutes.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0