First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I know this is an old post, but my wife's new 2019 is having the same problem. Sometimes the remote hatch opening works fine, other times it unlocks but doesn't lift or close. I can manually lift it open and manually close it, but I shouldn't have to do that. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how was it resolved? I know I could take it back to the dealer but they aren't super close to me so if it's an easy fix I would love to do it myself.
Two things I have found with my F36, if you put a little bit of grease on the soft rubber seal it will not stick as easily. Second, there are two small knobs on the trunk lid that can be adjusted to give the trunk more pop when you engage the trunk release.

I originally adjusted the two knobs and it worked for a while but then during the summer months the rubber seal was sticking to the frame and you can hear it peeling sound when the hatch lock was releasing.

Try the two options and report back. I have been trouble free after this.

Oh, I did take my car to dealer and they said they reset something for the trunk. That did squat
Cool I appreciate the tips, I'll definitely check those things. Since I posted this I charged the car's battery and the problem is occurring much less frequently so I am wondering if the voltage may have been a tad low which compounded the issue.
Appreciate 0