View Single Post
      08-03-2020, 11:20 AM   #5
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
Ugh you had to go there didn't you (i was trying to avoid thinking about my all in cost LOL)...

AEM WMI - 30-3302 Kit - $404 (ebay best offer, new)
BMS Stealth Tank - $229
AEM WMI Filter - 30-3003 - $31.65
SNOW Boost Juice (4 pack) - $46.59

Optional if you dont already have:
Stanless steel 1/8 NPT to 1/8 barb for boost reference
16 AWG wires to extend harness (you will need this if your running from glove box to trunk)
Add-a-fuse (you will need this to tap to IGN source for the ARM switch)

As far as performance - I personally didn't do it for that. I did it because our CT gas is iffy and I was getting some poor timing on the Stage 2 BM3 map. However, I suspect you should be able to run the e30 map with this, so there is added performance there.

The kit in-and-of itself wont give you added performance as is.
You wouldn't want to run the E30 map with pump gas and meth. You would just run a higher octane pump gas/race gas map (depending on how much meth % you are spraying and how much higher octane you can acheive).

The issue with running a E30 map for the purposes of targeting higher timing with pump gas + meth is that the E30 map is going to command more fuel from the DI on the assumption you are running ethanol. That is going to cause the car to run rich even before you account for the meth. Add the meth on top of that and fuel trims are going to be very negative and you are always going to have rich spots, especially on tip in before the O2 and STFTs can respond.
Appreciate 0