paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
You wouldn't want to run the E30 map with pump gas and meth. You would just run a higher octane pump gas/race gas map (depending on how much meth % you are spraying and how much higher octane you can acheive).

The issue with running a E30 map for the purposes of targeting higher timing with pump gas + meth is that the E30 map is going to command more fuel from the DI on the assumption you are running ethanol. That is going to cause the car to run rich even before you account for the meth. Add the meth on top of that and fuel trims are going to be very negative and you are always going to have rich spots, especially on tip in before the O2 and STFTs can respond.
For sure, this is good information, appreciate the insight. And I agree, my use of WMI wasn't really to push the limits of timing, but moreso to control the timing on a safe map for my fuel type - if that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKH 5 View Post
By chance, did you install a low level sensor with the BMS stealth tank? Specifically the Snow Perofrmance low level sensor?

If so, which tap size did you use for the hole?
Honestly I didn't. I'm going to see how long a full tank lasts me and gauge how often to check. Certainly dont want to overheat the pump by running it dry, so that's my concern there. I dont mind spot checking it every other week or so (i do the same for my catch can so it will just become part of my 'routine')
MAKH 588.50