08-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #196
RxCritical
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Yea, that type of response would be unacceptable to me. Having owned several BMW's i can tell you for a fact, any type of vibration in the steering wheel is not normal. For your dealer to say otherwise is pure bull shit. They just dont wnt to deal with it any more.

It really depends how far you want to go with it. 99% of people will probably be fine with it, not even notice it, or just think its normal. But i am anal about these things and for the price i am paying i expect damn near perfection. I can understand some steering wheel vibration going over rough terrain and what not, but just constant vibration between 40-60 is horse shit.

A few options if you want to escalate it.
-Call bmwna customer service, tell them the situation, and that it is a known problem with the F30 with no current fix and your dealer doesn't want to deal with it.
-keep taking your car in, dealer gets 3 chances to fix the problem, it then qualifies for Lemon Law.

Most likely your dealer will try to accomodate you, let them know this is a known issue, and their currently is not a fix for it.

Good luck, and keep pushing them.
Appreciate 0