View Single Post
      04-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
ATLBlue
Car OCD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 EBII F36 430d M Sport

Still no harness solution for the F30?

I am planning on occasionally taking my F30 to the track. It is not my main track car but would have fun stretching its legs once in a while. Therefore, and because it is my daily driver, I am not considering anything like a rollbar, bucket seats and 6 point harnesses.

Knowing the pro's and con's, I would happily go for a 4 point removable harness like the Schroth QuickFit Pro so that I could even use my HANS device. There does not seem to be anything available for the F3X yet. I think that in the past, E9X drivers were successfully using Mini R55 QuickFits. Is there anything similar we could do for the F3X? (I am aware of Schroth's warning that you will suffer a broken neck and decapitation when you do so).

I am running out of ideas:
I have already tried the CG-lock... that disintegrated, was uncomfortable and only holds the waist in place. I also tried the seatbelt inertial lock trick... but could not get it to work (not a good fit for me).
I do not trust the cheap GForce $25 AutoX Torso Harness (or should I? Maybe it just ruptures in case of an accident instead of crushing your chest?).

I searched the forums and could not find alternative options

Thanks for any suggestion you may have