08-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #127
bluemark
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark View Post
I have a 2015 X3 2.8i and a 2016 435 x-drive. I recently started experiencing an oscillation feeling and jerkiness at around 100 kph when accelerating in my X3. About a month earlier, I had new tires installed followed by an alignment. I noted my new tires were severely feathered so I had my alignment checked and it was confirmed to still be within spec. After some research, I came across many threads about transfer case issues with the X3 and related tire wear. My dealer confirmed it is a known issue and as a first step, has changed the oil in my transfer case. (I would like to know how an oil change is expected to correct this issue). I am now about 1000 km since having the oil changed and although it is significantly better than before, I now feel it to a lesser degree between 60 and 70 kph. I am also noticing it while turning at low speeds. I have contacted my dealer to further address the issue/change the transfer case. I started noticing these issues on my X3 around 72,000 km. With this knowledge of this with my X3, I’m now concerned that this will also appear at some point with my 435 which currently has 51,000 km. Do the 6 cylinder vehicles use the same transfer case as on the 4’s? Most of the transfer case complaints seem to be with the 4 cylinder variants so I’m curious what I should expect with my 435 as I only have a few months left to my warranty. Thanks.
Can anyone answer my question above regarding whether the transfer case on a 435 is the same as the one on an X3 2.8i?
Appreciate 0